MobileBackup - Mobile application for backing-up and restoring/importing contacts, calendar events and TODOs to/from a text file using the vCard/vCalendar standard on mobile phones supporting the optional FileConnection and PIM APIs (JSR 75).
What's New in This Release:
· Added help (a menu and the help.txt itself).
· Added the ability to restore either from the backup created by this midlet of from any list of vcalendar and/or vevent entries as long as they're supported by the phone. The restore process parses the special heading lines with PIM list name created by MobileBackup and uses them to store the entries into those particular lists (such as SMS or Telephone for a contact entry). If they aren't present, the mobile's default list is used (device-specific). The file to restore from is expected to be < selected file root >/Backup/Backup.txt. Restored entries are appended to the mobile phone, nothing is deleted or updated.
· Debug is true by default; I believe the additional info is not a problem for a user and can provide valuable insight in the case of a problem
· Updated build.xml to include help etc..
· Changed dependency on CLDC to 1.1 from 1.0 to have Thread.interrupt() in RestoreScreen. If needed, this ability to interrupt can be removed and dependency set back to 1.0. Don't know if there is any serious issue trying to run this on CLDC 1.0 mobile.
· 'Start' button on the backup screen removed after start to prevent confusion (deleteAll() seems not to work under Nokia 6300)
· added a message that backup has started when started to avoid confusion due to the message "Press Start to backup" (deleteAll() seems not to work under Nokia 6300)
Like it? Share with your friends!
Requirements:· MIDP 2.0, CLDC 1.1
Other Java Freeware of Developer «John Dickson, Jakub Holy»:
Fonebackup Fonebackup - fonebackup is a software that runs on the mobile phone and helps you backup the contacts and content from the phone to our web portal http://www.fonebackup.com.
Backup and secure your mobile phone contacts
Backup Images, Videos, Songs, Ringtones and many more
RecordStoreCopy RecordStoreCopy is a solution for making backups of files stored on your mobile phone by JAVA applications
DazioAES DazioAES - A password manager using AES encryption from BouncyCastle. You can backup encrypted data. If the cell is lost, data can be restored by just setting the email. Works on any compatible J2ME phone. The project is now on sourceforge and it is under development. Server side service has been disabled
MemoryUp 240x400 Un applicazione molto utile che libera un po' di memoria RAM del telefono
.Mobile.RAM Booster A very useful program that allows you to release the occupied memory (RAM) for other resources. The program analyzes the system load, the amount of memory that is consumed for each open application and effectively redistributes memory between them
MemoryUp Professional Mobile RAM Booster MemoryUp Professional Mobile RAM Booster - Category : Series 60v5 Applications
MemoryUp is a powerful mobile RAM boosting tool and Java virtual machine (JVM) management application specially designed for smartphone users. It is a handy memory optimizer tool that will keep your smartphone running faster and efficiently
MemoryUp.v3.8.J2ME.Edition.S60.Java P1 MemoryUp.v3.8.J2ME.Edition.S60.Java P1 - This java program that can clean the memory. It is a memory optimizer, which will monitor the level of RAM and clean it both automatically and on demand
Kontacts Kontacts - Information: http://osdev.mine.nu/kontacts/
Release Log (stored in Google Docs):
UPDATE: a major update has been released (2.1.0)
Comments on MobileBackup:
Comments not found
JavaMobiles - Free Java games download for mobile phones. Java Applications, Software, JAR, Apps for Nokia, Samsung, touch screen, 240x320 screen