OpenLAPI is most commonly used to access Bluetooth GPS devices from mobile devices, whilst retaining a high level of source code compatibility with JSR-179. OpenLAPI also has a range of backends for emulating location in development environments, making it a popular tool for J2ME developers.
The emulator mode supports the following back-ends for determining location:
* Access of hardware GPS device over bluetooth (if available)
* Emulate a moving device from an NMEA log file (recorder application provided).
* Emulate a moving device from a predefined trail in a Google Earth file KML.
* Emulate a moving device by picking random entries from a persistent store
And the software may be shipped as part of a MIDlet (Java application) to provide location awareness through the following back-ends:
* Access of bluetooth GPS device. Bluetooth GPS devices are very affordable.
* Proprietary APIs. A select number of handsets were released with GPS devices in the period before the adoption of JSR-179, and therefore have their own interface. OpenLAPI can provide a wrapper layer to hide the hardware in these cases.
* Log file lookup, appropriate for physically static devices
It is possible to negotiate commercial arrangements with local network providers to allow location detection via CellID and other network specific techniques (e.g. angle of incidence and triangulation). A mobile phone knows which basestation it is communicating with. By knowing where the basestation is located, location awareness can be accurate to several hundred meters!
Like it? Share with your friends!
Other Java Freeware of Developer «Sam Halliday»:
JPC JPC is an x86 PC emulator written entirely in Java. JPC creates a virtual computer upon which you can install your favorite operating system in a safe, flexible and powerful way
taito chase hq Taito chase hq es compatible con casi todos los telefonos, es cuestion de probar y ver que tal funciona modo pantalla completa: presionar (*) aterisco y seleccionar settings y en donde dice scale precionar 5 y dejar en true
PC emulator written in Java PC emulator written in Java x86 PC emulator written entirely in Java. JPC creates a virtual computer upon which you can install your favorite operating system in a safe, flexible and powerful way
screenlock info usage Screenlock info usage - security feature for computers and mobile devices that helps prevent unauthorized access to the device. This app educates the user on how to use mobile screen locks in your phone
CONVERTER 3D 3D converter that allows you to convert between different units and you will be an indispensable assistant
best screenlocker Best screenlocker - this application keeps your phone safe and updated.it has a variety of locking options different from the past ones. This application comes with new stunning features
Comments on OpenLAPI:
Comments not found
JavaMobiles - Free Java games download for mobile phones. Java Applications, Software, JAR, Apps for Nokia, Samsung, touch screen, 240x320 screen