Streaming Video - Suppose you have a mobile phone that can play 3gp video.
Suppose your mobile phone has the http network connection and you subscribe a monthly unlimited data access or you have a memory card that can store big 3gp video.
StreamingVideo application allow you to play 3gp streaming movie/video on your mobile phone via airtime or from memory card.
1) Easy to use, just a few clicks, you can enjoy real streaming video on your mobile phone.
2) Well selected some real 3gp video station and 3gp movie/trailer.
3) Auto detect if your mobile phone support dual player or not.
4) We only use the http connection, therefore you can still play video if your phone doesn't support rtsp protocol.
5) Less memory requirement both jar file and run time.
6) You can setup your own 3gp video or movie on your own http server (Refer the following setup instruction).
And also we'll store the last play part so you can continue play next time if you don't have enough time to finish the play the video the first time.
7) Play video from network is expensive if you don't have monthly data package for your mobile phone. Ex. AT&T in US, the cost will be $1c per kb for Pay As You Go Phone.
Here is AT&T DataConnect plan (Monthly Cost $60.00 for 5 GB http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-plans/data-connect-plans.jsp).
It is your resposibility to pay the cost to use the GPRS or EDGE data.
8) Press # to debug if error happens.
Please drop a few lines of comments if it works or not on your phone. We'll try our best to server your phone model.
How It Works:
This is continuous of our previous J2MEHTTPVideo application with some improvement and real 3gp video station. If your mobile phone only support HTTP protocal, not RTSP, how can you play with video in a streaming way?
One way is to streaming the 3gp file via split the long video into many small parts on the http server and then joint together, and the client (your mobile phone) load first part video (like buffering), after the first part data is loaded into your phone, play it (meanwhile download the second part video), and continues in this way.
We assume that the download part can be finished before the play part which require that your mobile phone has a good http data access connection).
If download speed is slower than the play speed, what we do? We just play the previous part and wait for the download part finished so we can play the next part.
The real challenge is how you maintain the download data and play data such that it can play the video in a smooth streaming way (Ex, minimize the junction delay). Version 1.1 include play big 3gp video from your memory card.
How To Setup Your Own 3GP Video Channel?
We have a program which will streaming your 3gp video and output you a streaming 3gp video so you can use in our application.
You can download the streaming 3gp files and then install on your phone memory card from here.
If you are a 3gp content provider and interested in this business opportunity, please contact me at email@example.com.