Trekbuddy is a J2ME application to be used with a GPS receiver. It is designed to work with every Java-enabled device.
It features capabilities such as:
* GPS tracking and simple navigation
* bitmap maps (without zoom, you can store bitmap maps with different resolution instead)
* arrange maps as atlas for increasing and decreasing resolution
* trackloging in NMEA or GPX format
* simple navigation (to a single waypoint or along a route)
* compas screen (HPS)
* cockpit screen (CMS)
* location sharing via SMS with other trekbuddies
It supports most commonly used map projections and grids, such as:
* Transverse Mercator
* Universal Transverse Mercator
* Swedish Grid
* British National Grid
* Irish Grid
* Swiss Grid
* Lambert France I-IV
* Lambert Conformal Conic
as well as custom datums.
As a location source:
* bluetooth or serial port GPS
* internal (integrated) GPS
* NMEA file
* HGE-100 device
* O2 Germany network
may be used.
What's New in This Release:
· minor bugfixes of: UIQ user interface, more NMEA stream errors recorded, filter for invalid positions in GPX, midlet crash with 1-tile scrolling
· added geoidheight to GPX
Like it? Share with your friends!
Requirements:· MIDP 2.0, CLDC 1.1
· In order to get position info, the phone should either:
· have internal GPS and support Location API (JSR-179), or
· have bluetooth and support Bluetooth API (JSR-82), or
· have serial/USB/IrDa port and support CommConnection
· In order to use custom maps, it is very important that the phone supports FileConnection API (JSR-75/FileConnection).
Other Java Freeware of Developer «TrekBuddy»:
TrekBuddy Trekbuddy is a J2ME application to be used with a GPS receiver. It is designed to work with every Java-enabled device. It features capabilities such as: * GPS tracking and simple navigation * bitmap maps (without zoom, you can store bitmap maps with different resolution instead)
City Cruiser City Cruiser is a GPS navigation application for mobile phones that provides voice-guided turn-by-turn navigation on top of real-time 3D maps
LocateA (Java) LocateA latest software turns your mobile into a personal real time tracking solution
PRS GPS Uses a built-in GPS of a Nokia Phone and JAVA J2ME based Location based service to SMS your Pilot Status to the Pilot Recovery System
amAze (Motorola) AmAze is a first of its kind free navigation and local search service. It is free to download and use and it contains wide coverage of maps including aerial photo in Europe, North America, Australia and parts of Asia and Africa
Comments on TrekBuddy:
Lost in space:
How do you install Trek Buddy on LG KC910 Renoir?
Date: 12 Feb 13
JavaMobiles - Free Java games download for mobile phones. Java Applications, Software, JAR, Apps for Nokia, Samsung, touch screen, 240x320 screen