MicroSky - MicroSky is a planetarium for mobile/cell devices with Java-support and a connection to the Internet (preferably GPRS or UMTS). It is a very small J2ME-Midlet client/server application which retrieves its starcharts from the skyserver. It can display 2.500.000 stars, 8.000 deep sky objects, the constellations, the planets, local horizon, 1000 current comets, and minor planets. MicroSky provides lots of functions and settings for customizing the MicroSky-Charts to your individual needs.
Microsky v3 extends v2 with even more functions such as a more polished style, Bluetooth-GPS support and a offline mode that reduces the GPRS costs and enables MicroSky for outdoor regions without GPRS reception.
To use MicroSky on your mobile phone you will need a User and Password to login. You can register here: http://www.upto.org/skyserver/editRegistration.do?action=Create&callfrom=microsky
New Branch with major new features for mobile devices which supports Midp 2.0
* GPS-Bluetooth connection:
- Receive your actual location data for MicroSky-Charts per connected internal or external GPS-Bluetooth device
- Comfortable GPS-Bluetooth-Device search in MicroSky
* MicroSky Offline Charts:
- Get and store up to two sets of MicroSky-Charts - calculated for special date and your location - in advance to your mobile device database
- Offline MicroSky-Charts contain Overview Chart and detailed Charts for Zenit, South, East, North,West and details about their 25 best visible objects
- The stored MicroSky-Charts can be explore later at any time, without the need of having at that time an online Internet-Connection
- You can always toggle to online mode and use the online functionality as known of MicroSky v2
* Search Object:
- Additional feature to search objects with search-text and get a list of results to choose an object to center
* Further improvements
- faster drawing
- toggle to fullscreen mode
- a nice running hour glass if MicroSky is busy with internet-request in MicroSky-Chart
Like it? Share with your friends!
Other Java Freeware of Developer «upto.org»:
MobiMoon Display Moon Phase and Hijri date on your mobile phone
Moon Phase v1 1 will show the shape (or phase) of the moon at a given date and time of day. It will also show the percentage of illumination. The application accepts dates from 1600 CE up to 2400 CE with good level of accuracy - a difference of only 7 to 10 minutes from NASA's catalog 400 years before and after 2000 CE. It is very accurate near 2000 CE where the computation is based
Yildizlar Alemi Yildizlarin adlandirilmasini, olusumunu ve ozelliklerini merak ediyorsaniz bu uygulama tam Yildizlarin adlandirilmasini, olusumunu, gelisimini ve ozelliklerini merak ediyorsaniz bu uygulama tam size gore!
Local Sidereal Time LST is a star map software for amateur astronomers and sky watchers. It is a pocket map to the sky above. It primarily has a local sidereal time calculator which allows the users to easily use printed sky maps
Sideralis Stand alone sky chart and real time planetarium for mobile phones (MIDP2.0 and CLDC1.1)
The Sisters Of Earth Did you know that the Earth is a woman and has many sisters? This tiny software provides many information about Solar System planets: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto. Get every kind of information by just a click of a button
solar system Facts about the solar system. Our solar system is the least mysterious part of the universe, but it does not mean that we know everything about it
Sunclock Sunclock is a J2ME Midlet that displays a map of the Earth and indicates the illuminated portion of the globe by drawing sunlit areas dark on light, night areas as light on dark. In addition to providing local time for the default timezone, it also displays up to four additional cities on the map with the local times also. The map updated every minute to follow the movement of the earth
StarGaze Understanding the sky has never been easier. StarGaze turns your mobile phone into a dynamic window on the night sky. Works anywhere
Sun and Moon times V1.01 Keep track of the rise and set times of the Sun and Moon for any world location on a particular date.
Includes Moon phase information such as current phase, and time of next New and Full Moon
Comments on MicroSky:
Comments not found
JavaMobiles - Free Java games download for mobile phones. Java Applications, Software, JAR, Apps for Nokia, Samsung, touch screen, 240x320 screen