JContactBackup - Have you bought a new mobile phone? Wondering how to transfer contacts from your old phone to the new phone? JContactBackup is the easy way out, without the hassles of PC connectivity. Here is what you can do:
* Install JContactBackup on both your old and new phone (using GPRS/WiFi/PC download etc.)
* Export the contacts in vCard fotmat (text file) in your old phone
* Transfer this vCard file to your new phone (using Bluetooth, Infrared, SD card, etc.)
* Import contacts from this vCard file in your new phone
That's all. You can also keep a handy backup of your contacts in a text file right in your phone. You can restore your contacts from this file any time, without needing to connect your phone to a PC.
Note that not all fields in the contact database may be supported by JContactBackup. You can choose a higher version of vCard format while exporting to include more fields, but ensure that your new phone also supports that version of vCard. Otherwise, import process might fail. You can find out the supported vCard versions in the Export dialog.
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed handling quoted-printable and base64 encoding data
Like it? Share with your friends!
Requirements:· MIDP 2.0, CLDC 1.1
Other Java Freeware of Developer «Gowtham»:
JMp3Tag JMp3Tag is a J2ME application to view/edit ID3 tags in MP3 files
ClickOVA Wireless backup of contacts, pictures and videos
Messaging platform OTAM helps you to send free message anywhere in the world over gprs. Messages can be sent / received from computer as well. More over you can backup your contacts so u need not worry about loosing important contacts