MobileBackup - Mobile application for backing-up and restoring/importing contacts, calendar events and TODOs to/from a text file using the vCard/vCalendar standard on mobile phones supporting the optional FileConnection and PIM APIs (JSR 75).
What's New in This Release:
· Added help (a menu and the help.txt itself).
· Added the ability to restore either from the backup created by this midlet of from any list of vcalendar and/or vevent entries as long as they're supported by the phone. The restore process parses the special heading lines with PIM list name created by MobileBackup and uses them to store the entries into those particular lists (such as SMS or Telephone for a contact entry). If they aren't present, the mobile's default list is used (device-specific). The file to restore from is expected to be < selected file root >/Backup/Backup.txt. Restored entries are appended to the mobile phone, nothing is deleted or updated.
· Debug is true by default; I believe the additional info is not a problem for a user and can provide valuable insight in the case of a problem
· Updated build.xml to include help etc..
· Changed dependency on CLDC to 1.1 from 1.0 to have Thread.interrupt() in RestoreScreen. If needed, this ability to interrupt can be removed and dependency set back to 1.0. Don't know if there is any serious issue trying to run this on CLDC 1.0 mobile.
· 'Start' button on the backup screen removed after start to prevent confusion (deleteAll() seems not to work under Nokia 6300)
· added a message that backup has started when started to avoid confusion due to the message "Press Start to backup" (deleteAll() seems not to work under Nokia 6300)
Like it? Share with your friends!
Requirements:· MIDP 2.0, CLDC 1.1
Other Java Freeware of Developer «John Dickson, Jakub Holy»:
RecordStoreCopy RecordStoreCopy is a solution for making backups of files stored on your mobile phone by JAVA applications
eMobiStudio MemoryUp Pro v3.9 Symbian Edition Java A mobile device's performance is limited by its resources, especially the phone memory or RAM. A common problem faced by vast mobile users is the insufficient working memory to support multiple concurrently running applications. The insufficient memory would cause system slowdown, application failures, or even system crashes
Phone Memory Optimizer Utility for Android-smartphone, which allows to set up the device memory for maximum performance. The application also includes a task manager. You can manually specify how to allocate memory and can use ready-made profiles