TequilaCat BookReader is a utility that helps you read books right from your mobile phone.
TequilaCat Book Reader is a software suite consisting of 2 parts:
TCBR Shell - program for Windows PC that creates JAR books. JAR Books created by the Shell - Each JAR Book contains book text and viewer program for the book.
* Download program archive to a PC computer running Windows or Linux+Wine, unpack it and run the Shell.exe
* In this shell, select your phone model, set up fonts, options and all things configurable
* Add e-books from computer disk (if your phone does not support reading books from phone flash card/internal memory)
* Click "Create Java book"
* Install JAR file (Java book) onto the phone, like any app or game, run it and you'll see the book text.
· Supports multiple fonts including Windows fonts, shows books in your language even if your phone has no national fonts. Allows for smooth fonts (if a book was created on Windows XP having ClearType on)
· Displays rotated text (clockwise, counter-clockwise) - hold your phone as it suits you best.
· Autoscroll -- by page, by line, smooth (by pixel) scroll
· Displays pictures in text (if a book was created from HTML file)
· Chapter recognition: Shell auto-detects chapters and Table of Contents is added to the book.
· Various hyphenation and word wrap styles
· Text color of your choice
· Search in book text and in internet using phone browser (via configurable search engine)
· Backlight control
· Keylock and password protection
· Different fonts can be chosen for menu and book
· Touch screens supported: tap screen to selects a menu item, scroll text or trigger a menu item bound to one of 9 screen tap areas (of 3x3 matrix)
· Fully configurable controls: both in the Shell and in Java book, assign favorite actions to any key or sensor screen tap area
· Multiple text formats supported: creates books from PDF, MS Word and other files (shows plain text only in current version)
· Flash Card support: on modern phones (supporting JSR 75), install BookReader once, then read text files or FB2 book files off flash card or phone "disks"
· For phones redundantly asking for access confirmation a caching mode is available, less questions asked
· Unicode (for hieroglyphic languages) and Middle East support (Middle East languages are supported partially in current release)
· Java book with file support allows for choosing a file encoding (european, eastern and unicode encodings are available)
· "Projects" support - keep separate projects for different phones, text types, each with own options and fonts.
· The Shell is now portable, can work right off USB-Flash, so that the settings are stored in Shell folder instead of registry (run Shell-portable.cmd instead of Shell.exe)
What's New in This Release:
· in final version: added Nokia 5800 support, updated translation and portable starter script
· Java reader menu reorganized
· in Java book, edit page margins
· in Java book, edit autoscroll delay (in milliseconds)
· autoscroll now continues after return from menu (except "goto" and "open book" actions)
· FB2 plugin in shell (so far no pictures, no chapters used), download needed
· LIT plugin in shell, download needed
· configurable paragraph offsets: spacing below and 1st line left offset (see help file for details)
· thin (2pix) position indicator is back
· new "-lang LNG" shell cmd line key to forcibly localize Shell and midlets
· less confirmations in "purge removed books" when caching enabled
· in Java reader, book list can be saved to file - useful when updating bookreader version. Open saved book list as file and it will be imported.
· new "books->purge book list" menu with many options (see help file for details)
· fixed Russian encoding autodetection in shell (in prev versions it caused 16bit app error)
· shell new look with great icons by Alexander
· in shell, new folder i18n/
· Added Latvian translation
· Middle East texts (Right to Left) now should be shown in Windows fonts (to be tested by native readers)
· in book/file lists, show book sizes and percentage read, optionally (don't enable FILE sizes if your phone requests access confirmations!)
· added Samsung S60 smartphones support (fixed backlight)
· fixed bug with touchscreen (cannot redefine keys) in localized java books (e.g. Russian)
RSS Reader MIDlet RSS Reader MIDlet - RSS Reader MIDlet is a RSS (xml document) reader for handheld devices written in Java.
Many websites offers RSS feeds for their content, for example slashdot.org (rss) and wired.com (rss).
It uses RMS (persistent storage) for offline reading. It is MIDP 1.0 CLDC 1.0 compliant and requires about 256kb memory to work well
Face Reader FaceReader is the worlds most sophisticated and detailed Face Reading application for the Java Mobiles
djk-Microtext djk-Microtext - Features:
- backward and forward scrolling, line by line and page by page.
- background, foreground and scrollbars color chooser.
- zoom function (100% to 300%).
- autoscroll, for automatic scroll at specified time interval (0 seconds to 20 seconds).
- text rotation at 0, 90, 180, 270 degrees for optimal display
Anyview Anyview is a free ebook reader for mobile phones. It is known to run successfully on more than 100 phone models from Sony Ericsson, Motorola, Nokia, Blackberry and so on.
· It can read files of type TXT, HTML, PDB (TEXt/REAd format, but don't support iSiloX format), as well as display GIF, JPEG and PNG files
100000 Books - Wattpad 100000 Books - Wattpad Also known as "YouTube for ebooks", is the world’s most popular ebook community for readers and writers to discover, share and connect. With over 4 million downloads, Wattpad is the world's most widely used mobile ebook application. Wattpad gives you FREE instant access to 100,000+ novels, fan fiction, short stories, poetry and more
Mobile Quran Browser Mobile Quran Browser - Read an English Quran translation on your mobile phone. This program, allows you to browse, navigate and search verses of the Quran. English translation is by Marmaduke Pickthall. With this program Quran will always be with you on your mobile phone.
What's New in This Release:
· Tell Your Friends feature added
Comments on TequilaCat BookReader:
Date: 21 Jun 11
JavaMobiles - Free Java games download for mobile phones. Java Applications, Software, JAR, Apps for Nokia, Samsung, touch screen, 240x320 screen