Stretching - Fitness guide to improving flexibility and muscular power.
Any movement that requires moving a body part to the point at which there is an increase in the movement of a joint can be called a stretching exercise. Stretching can be done either actively or passively. Active stretching occurs when the person doing the stretch is the one holding the body part in the stretched position. Passive stretching occurs when someone else moves the person to the stretch position and then holds the person in the position for a set time.
Covers following stretching exercises:
- Shoulders, back, and chest
- Arms, wrists and hands
- Lower trunk
- Knees and thighs
- Feet and calves
Benefits of Stretching
- Improved flexibility, stamina (muscular endurance), and muscular strength.
- Reduced muscle soreness, aches, and pains.
- Improved flexibility.
- Good muscular and joint mobility.
- More efficient muscular movements and fluidity of motion.
- Prevention of some lower back problems.
- Improved appearance and self-image.
- Improved body alignment and posture.
Treneiro - Weight Training Assistant Treneiro - Weight Training Assistant -
Weight training assistant for mobile phones. Take your phone to the gym, as a stopwatch, as a notepad. Use your muscles, free your mind from numbers for a while
Fitness2me Fitness2me - Fitness2me uses GPS receiver by Bluetooth connection, and gives the user details about his fitness activity.
Some of the details are:
- Burned calories calculator according to fitness activity (Walking, Running, Biking). The calculator is based on the user's weight and the activity duration.
- Current velocity and velocity average.
- Activity distance
Essential Exercise Build exercise into life to boost energy & beat fatigue. The most effective way to ensure you work out consistently is to choose activities that make you feel positive and confident about yourself, and to train in a place convenient to home or work
Yoga-Way of Life Yoga is a way of knowing the self. "When the mind has been stilled and made morally perfect, it acts as a mirror, reflecting the essential nature of the self back on the self, whereby the self, or the person, can abide in its own true nature " says Patanjali yoga sutras
Active Yoga Free Implement Active Yoga in your Day to Day life with your other Activities. It also seamlessly gels in
FitSync FitSync - FitSync gives you the next best thing to a gym buddy... download free training programs, log your workouts and compare your performance against a worldwide community. Muscle & Fitness
All the tools you demand from a mobile workout companion ...hyper-useful with online portals, sync your phone with a FitSync.com account, network with others ..