gOmniTracker Cellular - Wonder where was your teenager spending time last night? or when did they leave school, home, or tennis-practice? Or maybe its granny you are concerned about whether she got back home from the park yet? gOmniTracker can answer these questions, and more, right from your Mobile Device. gOmniTracker is a Location Based Service (LBS) that allows your Mobile Device to keep track of the members of your family, friends, or team, while your are on-the-go, or from your desktop. It locates your devices on the map, and displays the location history of your devices for any time-frame of your choice. gOmniTracker notifies you, by email or text message, when a device enter or leaves a certain area (aka geofence), or cross the boundary of a red zone. It allows you to configure your teenager device to alarm you when he/she is over speeding on the high-way.
gOmniTracker can bookmark your favorite locations, and helps you find your way back. It provides versatile search functionality of common and street addresses, businesses, as well as pre-defined categories. It can also find directions relative to your current or other location. gOmniTracker is available on most mobile platforms, common languages, and locale. You need to register with gOmniTracker to get an account, and registration is easy right fom your Mobile device. Once you've obtained an account you can use it for all the devices you need to monitor. You can also register using gOmniTracker website.
- Allows you to track a device in real-time from your Mobile Device, or from your desktop.
- Provides real time traffic and weather forecast in the vicinity of any location.
- Alerts you through email, text message, or both when a device cross zone boundary or reach speed limit.
- Locates stolen, lost, or misplaced devices (within battery life).
- Allows you to control device tracking behavior from your Mobile Device, by changing refresh rates, and location updates.
- All monitored devices can be monitored and displayed on either the map or in tabular forms. Each device is identified with its symbol on the map, and location is being refreshed according to the preferred settings.
- Allows you to display location history events for a particular device in a specified period. Each event shows the time, date, device name, speed, heading, latitude, longitude, altitude, and address.
- Provides with quick search capability, for the nearest hospital, 24-hr pharmacies, movie theaters, or car dealership.
- Allows you to get directions on the map using point-and-shoot method, or using traditional entry of source and destination. You can also request direction using full text specifying from/to of map center, device, favorite place, zone center, or specified address.
gOmniTracker provides answers for more questions: Where is my son's phone right now? How can I get back to my car in a parking lot, or to my hotel in this new town? When and where my son was speeding with his brand new car?
This version of gOmniTracker uses cell-id to locate a device. It uses no GPS, and requires the latest firmware, and Java version on the devices.
The Windows Mobile version requires both Microsoft .Net CF 3.5 and SQ: Server Compact 3.5 which you can download from gOmniTracker website.