The GPSViewer shows the time, the current location, the speed, and the moving direction on the display of the mobile phone and runs on all phones, which at least support CLDC 1.0 and MIDP 2.0 and which allow access to Bluetooth (JSR 82) or the serial interface (data cable). That applies to nearly all current mobile phone models. Alternatively an integrated GPS receiver can be used if it can be accessed using JSR 179.
GPS receivers with Bluetooth or serial interface are supported, which provide the NMEA 0183 sentences GGA and VTG or RMC. That nearly all at the market available might be.
In the connection mode "Network/Internal" the Location API (JSR 179) is used. In this case no external GPS receiver is needed. In this case the location is determined by the GPS receiver or by the network provider. This functionality is obviously supported however in Germany so far by no provider.
GPSViewer is Freeware.
- Start GPSViewer.
- If necessary change the desired connection mode in the menu "Options". On Bluetooth capable mobile phones Bluetooth is preset, otherwise the data cable. In addition with selection of the data cable the Baud rate can be changed. The NMEA default value of 4800 Bit/s is preset. If needed, the automatic or manual altitude correction can be activated. The menu can be reached by a function key. Since the display is used in full-screen mode, on many phones is no mark for the active function key.
- The indication of the speed can take place in km/h or knots. The signal quality is the better, the smaller the value is.
- The indication takes place in blue, if no connection to the GPS receiver exists and red, if the GPS data are invalid (no free view to satellites).
What's New in This Release:
· Workaround for Sonim devices et al.
What's New in 2.6.1:
· Manual altitude correction for internal GPS receivers, Bluetooth URL editable.
Like it? Share with your friends!
Requirements:· CLDC 1.0
· MIDP 2.0
Other Java Freeware of Developer «Andreas Kardos»:
LocViewer LocViewer loads map sections according to the current position from a Web service from the Internet and indicates the position on the display of the mobile phone
Mobile GMaps Mobile GMaps is a FREE application that displays Google Maps, Yahoo! Maps, Windows Live Local (MSN Virtual Earth) and Ask.com Maps and satellite imagery on Symbian and Java J2ME-enabled mobile phones, PDAs and other devices
Nulaz (Sony Ericsson) With Nulaz you can see where your friends are, share locations, view local info, send and receive messages from your friends
FreeCaddie (Java) FreeCaddie is a completely free golf rangefinder. It uses GPS to tell your distance to the front, center and back of the green
Comments on GPSViewer:
Comments not found
JavaMobiles - Free Java games download for mobile phones. Java Applications, Software, JAR, Apps for Nokia, Samsung, touch screen, 240x320 screen