Trapster is a free service that allows users to share the location of police speed traps using their mobile phones. The system uses the phone's GPS capabilities and the Internet to instantly alert other users as they approach the reported trap.
When you see a trap, report it by pressing a button on your phone, or calling a toll free number. Other users' phones will alert them as they approach the trap. Trapster learns the credibility of traps based on how many users agree. It also learns the credibility of each user, over time.
Even the latest, most expensive radar detectors are useless against modern police enforcement technologies such as instant-on and and laser. Your radar/laser detector will still beep, but in almost all cases, only after it is too late. The only way a radar or laser detector can help you is if it beeps in time for you to slow down before the officer gets a reading on your speed. With instant-on and laser, this only happens if the officer activates early or "misses" the shot, and some of the signal leaks past a car in front of you. Radar detectors are still effective for more traditional (Ka etc.) band radar. It is recommended that you use both Trapster and a radar/laser detector for the best possible coverage. Also radar detectors are illegal in many US states, and are illegal nationwide for commercial vehicles.
What's New in This Release:
· Added Nokia specific functionality for vibration and backlight.
· Added feature to enable backlight continuously while application is active.
· Fixed bug that occurs when a user leaves a wifi zone. Connection is re-established
· Removed "Switch Application" put to background menu item. Redundant with OS implementation.
· Added touch functionality for S60 5th Ed.
· Various minor bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Like it? Share with your friends!
Requirements:· MIDP 2.0, CLDC 1.1
· GPS receiver
Other Java Freeware of Developer «Tenereillo»:
GpsMid Belgium GpsMid is a free, fully offline, vector based map application for your mobile phone