Trekbuddy is a J2ME application to be used with a GPS receiver. It is designed to work with every Java-enabled device.
It features capabilities such as:
* GPS tracking and simple navigation
* bitmap maps (without zoom, you can store bitmap maps with different resolution instead)
* arrange maps as atlas for increasing and decreasing resolution
* trackloging in NMEA or GPX format
* simple navigation (to a single waypoint or along a route)
* compas screen (HPS)
* cockpit screen (CMS)
* location sharing via SMS with other trekbuddies
It supports most commonly used map projections and grids, such as:
* Transverse Mercator
* Universal Transverse Mercator
* Swedish Grid
* British National Grid
* Irish Grid
* Swiss Grid
* Lambert France I-IV
* Lambert Conformal Conic
as well as custom datums.
As a location source:
* bluetooth or serial port GPS
* internal (integrated) GPS
* NMEA file
* HGE-100 device
* O2 Germany network
may be used.
What's New in This Release:
· minor bugfixes of: UIQ user interface, more NMEA stream errors recorded, filter for invalid positions in GPX, midlet crash with 1-tile scrolling
· added geoidheight to GPX
Like it? Share with your friends!
Requirements:· MIDP 2.0, CLDC 1.1
· In order to get position info, the phone should either:
· have internal GPS and support Location API (JSR-179), or
· have bluetooth and support Bluetooth API (JSR-82), or
· have serial/USB/IrDa port and support CommConnection
· In order to use custom maps, it is very important that the phone supports FileConnection API (JSR-75/FileConnection).
Other Java Freeware of Developer «TrekBuddy»:
TrekBuddy TrekBuddy is a J2ME application to be used with a GPS receiver