TMJ-Mobile is a Java mobile phone application that uses GPS data to provide a number of functions, including navigation, location tracking, map display and route plotting. It receives its location coordinates by communicating via Bluetooth with a separate GPS receiver, or via the phones internal GPS if supported. The phones built-in GPRS/3G/GSM data connection is then used to send its location over the internet to the TrackMyJourney website where you can then share your location and recorded tracks with your friends.
* Register an account with TrackMyJourney
* Download the TMJ-Mobile application to your phone
* Run the program and in the Main Menu>Settings page enter your TMJ Device Username and Password
* Use the Main Menu>GPS>Connect GPS function to search for and connect to your Bluetooth GPS device.
* Add some Waypoints to your TrackMyJourney account. On the phone use the Main Menu>Web>Update Waypoints function to download the Waypoints to the phone. These can then be used for navigation.
* On the phone use the Main Menu>Web>Enable Upload function to start sending your location back to the website.
* Invite your friends to view your progress via the Invitations page
* Check out the User Guide for further information.
What's New in This Release:
· Customisable Vector Map colour schemes. Create new schemes via the website MY ACCOUNT/SETTINGS/Devices page, then use the Plan Page Menu/Vector Map Options/Colour Scheme to load it onto the phone. (Use Reload Current Map to refresh the list of available schemes on the phone)
· Customisable Text page screens, also set via the website Devices page above. The screen settings are downloaded to the phone the first time Enable Web is used after restarting TMJ.
· Extra GPS Log format - Raw CSV/TXT
· Fixed Timezone/DST bug when uploading tracks to website - it should now correctly take TZ and DST settings from phone (previously the DST setting was ignored)
· Fixed persistent bug that caused occasional freezing issue on the Plan and Map pages when using an Internal GPS
· plus many other small tweaks from the last few months...
What's New in 0.7.7:
· Addition of vector map colour scheme presets (Plan Page menu/Vector Map Options/Colour Scheme), which modify the colours in the vector map tiles without increasing their storage requirement.
· Various UI improvements on touchscreen phones: smoother scrolling in menus and the waypoints page. Direct selection of items by 'clicking' them on the plan page. Smoother dragging of plan and map pages.
· Addition of UK Ordnance Survey OpenData + OpenStreetMap online raster tiles 'mashup', as detailed here. (Full version only)
· Alternate method of loading custom raster tiles direct from a standard 'OSM/Mercator' /zoom/column/row folder structure on the phones memory card. (Needs phones that allow full unrestricted access to memory card, eg BlackBerry, Sony Ericsson JP8)
Like it? Share with your friends!
Other Java Freeware of Developer «TrackMyJourney»:
TrackMyJourney (Java) TMJ-Mobile is a Java mobile phone application that uses GPS data to provide a number of functions, including navigation, location tracking, map display and route plotting
TrackMyJourney (Motorola) TMJ-Mobile is a Java mobile phone application that uses GPS data to provide a number of functions, including navigation, location tracking, map display and route plotting
TrackMyJourney (Nokia) TMJ-Mobile is a Java mobile phone application that uses GPS data to provide a number of functions, including navigation, location tracking, map display and route plotting
Indonesia In Your Hand Augmented Reality Browser yang berisi informasi Museum, Art, Culture, Heritage, Nature di Indonesia, dilengkapi dengan fitur : Indonesia Geo Tagging Contest, user dapat tag tempat menarik dan upload hasilnya. Teknologi oleh J.Spot mobile
Malaysia Travel Guide Our Malaysia Travel Guide comes with travel infos on Penang, Johor Bahru, Malacca, Kota Bahru, Langkawi and Putrajaya. Included are details on accommodations, sightseeing tips, maps and photos
Trail Ver-Young Amsterdam Young Amsterdam brings you the best in Amsterdam. All the coffee shops, cheep food, hostels, useful information such as embassies, free internet, etc. No internet connection needs or roaming cost
Turkey Guide Turkey Guide provides in-depth information about Turkey and its vast tourism attraction sites