Stretching - Fitness guide to improving flexibility and muscular power.
Any movement that requires moving a body part to the point at which there is an increase in the movement of a joint can be called a stretching exercise. Stretching can be done either actively or passively. Active stretching occurs when the person doing the stretch is the one holding the body part in the stretched position. Passive stretching occurs when someone else moves the person to the stretch position and then holds the person in the position for a set time.
Covers following stretching exercises:
- Shoulders, back, and chest
- Arms, wrists and hands
- Lower trunk
- Knees and thighs
- Feet and calves
Benefits of Stretching
- Improved flexibility, stamina (muscular endurance), and muscular strength.
- Reduced muscle soreness, aches, and pains.
- Improved flexibility.
- Good muscular and joint mobility.
- More efficient muscular movements and fluidity of motion.
- Prevention of some lower back problems.
- Improved appearance and self-image.
- Improved body alignment and posture.
V-Clinic ALCOHOL V-Clinic ALCOHOL manages how much you drink and when exactly you drink using your mobile. V-Clinic ALCOHOL will alert you if you break you maximum drinking limit for the day. Get your free account / username at www.vclinic.net
MedicOmatic Need information as you determine what to do about your symptoms? Get help figuring them out by answering a series of questions
101 Weird Human Body Facts The human body is an extremely complex and intricate system, one that still baffles doctors and researchers on a regular basis despite thousands of years of medical knowledge
My OC We know that you lead a busy life and even though taking a pill may sound simple you may forget to take it at the appropriate time