SportyPal is an easy to use intuitive application for your mobile device. You activate it when you start your running, cycling, walking, rollerblading or similar exercise. In two simple clicks it will start to log and map your position, movement, distance, tempo and calories burned. It will not affect normal operation of your mobile phone, so you can still listen to music, receive and initiate calls and messages.
When you finish exercising, the collected performance information will be stored on your mobile. Later you can review it, compare it with other exercises or check your best performance achievements. SportyPal will present each exercise in a map view, draw elegant graphics charts of your performance or present summarized information. SportyPal is intuitively designed to assist you improve your performance in running, cycling, blading, walking, skiing or other workouts involving similar activities.
The real brilliance of SportyPal comes with the web integration. You have a possibility to upload your workouts on the internet with a simple click of a button on your mobile phone. Registering to SportyPal web application will enable you to have instant access to your workouts performance and maps from anywhere. The web application provides additional functionality for analysis of your fitness workouts. You can also share your exercises with your friends, comment on their performance or organize virtual competitions.
SportyPal will create a new excitement in your healthy sporty life.
What's New in This Release:
· Added: Track check-points icons.
· Added: Matching the track check points in workouts. If check point is matched info audio signal is played and the track check point becomes green. If the track check point is missed for more than 50% the error signal is played and the check point become red.
· Added: The track and its check points (green completed – yellow not completed) are shown in workout map.
· Added: Now you can adjust the countdown timer. (min 10 sec). It is separate from auto-start, which means you can now have auto-start which starts immediately, or a countdown timer after “Pressto start”.
· Added: Last 3 seconds of countdown have sound signals.
· Added: Heart rate battery status. The red heart icon should now be filled with green as much as the battery of the HRM is full.
· Optimization: No view updates while in workout if the application is in background. Should help save memory and cpu usage.
· Fixed: Errors when clicking on empty lists.
· Fixed: Smarter AutoPause: if the user pauses the workout manually, autopause will not auto resume – instead, an audio beep will signal.
· Fixed: When an unsubscribed user tries to activate a subscription feature, the phone will check for subscription from web before asking about a trial
· Fixed: Message dialogs should be easier to navigate with a keyboard.
· Fixed: Sync already existing but updated track/workout should work correctly now.
· Fixed: When auto-start is off, the manual start (play) button should work on phones with keyboards now.
· Fixed: If the workout isn’t started and manual start is set, the stop button works as expected now (asks if you want to end).
· Added: Synced workouts made on tracks are now properly displayed with their track if both the track and the workout are synced.
· Fixed: When a new workout is started right-away after another, the old info (time, distance, pace ….) will be correctly reset to zero.
· Changed: On keyboard phones, the slider pause button is replaced with simple (and more intuitive) pause icon button
· Fixed: All workout lists should always be sorted now
· Fixed: Buggy behavior when opening a track right after the track sync.
· Fixed: Workout minimum heart rate is shown properly in the workout details view
· Added: Test connection and check current heart rate & battery status in the heart rate tab (settings screen).
What's New in 2.4:
· Added new Speedometer view.
· Added a brand new Intervals view. Allows you to set checkpoints in your workout and view stats between checkpoints. Supports 3 modes: Automatic (based either on configurable distance or on configurable time), manual (a new checkpoint is created when you click on the newest checkpoint, like a lap timer) or track (gives results between track checkpoints)
· Added almost all configurable voice notifications that are available on Android. Some are available without a subscription.
· Heart-rate zone display now works properly on all phones.
· Fixed: Application now fully works on Symbian^3 (and newer versions)
· Other minor bugfixes
What's New in 2.3:
· Improved auto-pause algorithm
· Added: New filters which should eliminate extreme GPS errors.
· Added: You can now view actual/remaining distance/time for all goals and tracks.
· Added: You can now change the workout type in the workout details view using the workout type's icon.
· Added: Track delete option.
· Added: New help menu item in the main screen.
· Added: New Weather feature (can be accessed from the menu of the main screen)
· Added: New white GPS status icon - GPS is completely unavailable and unlikely to become available soon.
· Added: Warning message during workouts if no storage space is available.
· Changed: Accessing the workouts for the current month should be easier now.
· Fixed: After pausing and resuming a workout - unable to focus and switch the topmost progress bar on key phones
· Fixed: After acquiring gps and the manual start button is shown, the stop button was not visible.
· Fixed: After finishing a workout, starting another workout will properly reset the progress bars.
· Fixed: Blackberry: "Prevent standby" now works correctly.
· Fixed: Faster workout saving after finishing a workout (much faster on some phones).
· Fixed: Clicking on month in main screen will open the month workout list instead of the year list now.
· Fixed: Matching synced workouts with tracks
· Fixed: Other smaller issues...
What's New in 2.1:
· Weight, height and all other settings should now work correctly regardless of unit system
· Added calories calculation for all workout types except Paragliding, Driving, Freestyle, Flying and Sailing. Additionally, all calories calculation issues should be fixed now.
· Added an experimental HRM zone progressbar in the workout details screen. It is displayed only when a heart rate monitor is in use. Switching to it from the Distance or Goal progressbar is done in a way similar to the switching between actual / remaining / difference stats for a goal. It shows your current training zone based on % of your HRmax (which is currently estimated using age, but will be configurable in a later version).
· On touch-screen phones, touching the label right next to a scrolling roller will allow you to input a value from a separate screen using a numpad.
· Fixed a bug which caused a workout to be saved with a zero total time if the app was forcefully closed, the phone rebooted or battery died.
· Uploading a workout should now use 4-5 times less data traffic. As a result the maximum length of uploadable workouts should be increased 4-5 times now
· Auto-pause for cycling changed to account for MTB (requires lower speeds now)
What's New in 2.0.3:
· KeyUp events are now explicitly enabled. As a result, the Menu key should work correctly now in all screens on all devices (including e.g. the License Agreement screen)
· You can now switch to another app using the Alt+Back shortcut without it having undesired side-effects (like pausing a running workout)
· Long-pressing the Menu key only opens the task switcher now (it won’t activate the menu of the app screen anymore).
What's New in 1.2.5 / 2.0 beta 4
· Fixed a bug which caused slowdown of the loading screen if the phone has many workouts.
· Fixed a bug which caused problems on workout sync
· Fixed some more unit conversion bugs (which sometimes caused weird numbers for distances, speeds and calories etc.)
· Removed the switch that turns off the open street map (its now always on)
· Logging in now correctly fills in your set birthday from sportypal.com
· Fixed display of subscription features remaining days and weeks (for both trials and subscriptions)
· The app is much faster on Sony Ericsson phones with 320×240 screens now.
· The app should hopefully work on Samsung Jet.
· Lots of other smaller bug fixes.
What's New in 1.2.5 / 2.0 beta 3
· Experimental live (while in-workout) and post-workout OpenStreetMap maps with zooming, panning and following in-workout. On non-touchscreen phones, use the num pad to navigate the map: 2/4/6/8 to pan, 1/2 to zoom in/out, 5 to follow GPS (in workout).
· Better error messages when registration, logging in or uploading fail.
· Better key-based navigation: soft-keys now have shortcuts, workout list has simplified navigation. Workout can now be paused/stopped using soft keys which fixes the bug (being unable to pause/stop the workout).
· Sorting in the workout list is remembered and always applied.
· Hopefully, the problem with the phone reporting that the JAR file is invalid has been fixed.