Nokia Mobile Communities provides a unique way to connect with people by creating private and public communities. Private communities, called Conversations, help you connect with friends, families and coworkers. Public communities, called Streams, allow you to follow people and topics that matter to you.
With Conversations you can communicate simultaneously with up to ten people by sending a single message, similar to instant messaging. This feature is ideal for short conversations with friends, family, and co-workers (like coordinating a weekend plan or checking how their day is going).
With Streams, you can broadcast messages to your subscribed followers and, likewise, view messages from all people you subscribe to. This feature is intended to create channels for community building and following a topic (e.g. career tips, hyper-local news) or a person (e.g. fan group for a Bollywood star).
It provides a community experience entirely on your mobile phone without any dependency on the PC or Internet. As long as your mobile phone supports SMS you are ready to go! To experience it, download the Java client from this site. If your device is not yet supported or if you are on a non-Nokia device you can still experience the service using the plain SMS interface.
During the beta trial, this service is only available to users in India and English is the only language supported at this time.
· Does not require a user account; the service uses your mobile number to identify you
· No fee for usage, costs only standard SMS rate (even when sending to multiple people)
· UX designed to simplify the messaging experience
· Plain SMS interface for users that don’t have the client or use a non-Nokia phone
· Integrated with your phone’s address book
· Allows users to share their current location (only in certain locations in beta)
What's New in This Release:
· Bluetooth transfer: Next time you want to share this app with your friend so that they can have the same cool experience as you, just share it over Bluetooth. It’s very easy, (i) just click ‘Share application’, (ii) find your friend’s phone and (iii) send. And the best part is that your friends can share it further using the same steps.
· Full editing support: We know how limiting it was to type your messages. We now support the native editor so you can benefit from full functionality editor with T9 and dictionary. Type away now!
· Flag abusive content: For Stream followers, if you find any content to be offensive you can just Flag it. We will take appropriate action if several of you feel the same way.
· Chat with Community Manager: We love to hear from you. So we have introduced a system conversation called ChatWithUs. If you have feedback about the product, you can just type it in this Conversation.
· Updates from Community Manager: We would like to share tips so you can use all the cool features of this app. So we have introduced a system stream called NokiaStream. Watch out for updates from us on this stream.
· Improved categories: In Streams we have an improved category list to make Stream discovery easier and more relevant.
· More location entries: We have added several more location entries and more are coming. Enjoy this feature in Conversations to share your location with friends. Of course you can easily turn it off if you prefer.
· Bug fixes: We have fixed over 100 bugs which means there is even more reason to upgrade to the latest version of this app.
Like it? Share with your friends!
Requirements:· Optimized for S40 phones with 240x320 screen resolution
· Should work on all Nokia devices that support Java
Other Java Freeware of Developer «Nokia»:
Nokia Image Exchange Lite Nokia Image Exchange is an experimental imaging service for Nokia mobile phones aiming to be as convenient and effortless to use as possible. Images are made easily available on the website, where the photos can be browsed and downloaded.
Nokia Image Exchange Lite is a Java client that can be installed to a wider set of phone models than Nokia Image Exchange for S60
Nokia Enhanced Calculator Nokia Enhanced Calculator - Tired with the old Nokia S60 calculator? Here is a new one with advanced features and improved usability
Ovi Browser With Ovi Browser, you can go to all your favorite web sites, search, watch videos and more. Ovi Browser is designed to provide the best browsing experience for your Nokia Series 40 phone, so give it a try.
Ovi Browser brings rich web browsing to your phone that’s fast and easy. It uses patented Internet compression technology to reduce data usage up to 90%
Nokia Browser Nokia Browser - With Nokia Browser, you can go to all your favorite web sites, search, watch videos and more. Nokia Browser is designed to provide the best browsing experience for your Nokia Series 40 phone, so give it a try.
Nokia Browser (formerly known as Ovi Browser) brings rich web browsing to your phone that's fast and easy
Nokia Reader for S40 Nokia Reader for S40 - Follow your favorite local news quickly and easily from your phone's home screen. The news is always fresh and you don't need to worry about battery consumption thanks to Nokia Notifications. And with only two clicks you can open a story in the browser to read and explore more
Nokia Internet Radio for Series 40 With this application, people using Series 40 mobile phones can also have access to the Nokia Internet Radio service and its tens of thousands of stations worldwide
Carbide.ui Theme Edition Carbide.ui has been designed with the creative professional in mind. It enables the S60 and Series40 UIs (user interface) to be customized with full WYSIWYG layout and without the need for layout definition, coding, or specialized mobile-design experience. In addition, Carbide
Here and now Here and now - offers easy-to-use web services related to your current location. Check the local weather at a glance and get other topical information while on the move.
After installation, you can access Here and now directly from your web browser.
The initial release contains two services: the local weather and the local events - and there is more to come
KABLOG KABLOG is a photoblogging / moblogging / blogging application for your mobile phone
Tranz Tranz - Tranz is a file sharing and networking application that enriches your mobile Internet experience. Using Tranz you can stay connected with your closest buddy list i.e. your phonebook! Sharing files could never have been so easy. Tranz lets you share any kind of files on your mobile with your phonebook network. Tranz also lets you do a lot more with mobile Internet
Cupid Cupid - Want to find new friends or meet singles for dating? Then the Cupid.com dating application is for you! Find local singles on Cupid.com that makes it fun for single women and men looking for love and romance to find their soulmates. There are over 5 million registered users! Cupid
j1ck.tweet (Java) j1ck.tweet - enjoy a great Twitter experience on your mobile phone. Friendly and easy to use: large text, clear options and the selection of the key features for the best tweeting
Goojet (Java) Goojet (Java) - Having Goojet on your mobile phone instantly gives you access to a real-time feed of news, blogs, videos, user-generated posts, etc... from all across the mobile Web, tailored to your preferences and filtered out by the community