GpsMid Leipzig is a free, fully offline, vector based map application for your mobile phone. It displays your current position on a zoomable map and can be used to search for and navigate to roads or points of interest of your liking. As all data is stored in a compact binary format on your mobile phone you will incur no charges for extra data downloads.
· Vector rendering of the roads, areas and points of interest
· Displaying the map either north on top or in the direction of driving
· Centering the map to a position received from your GPS
· NMEA GPS-unit with bluetooth connection.
· Devices with built-in JSR179 compatible location provider
· Zooming in and out to arbitrary levels of detail.
· Displaying the name of the street you are on and the maximum speed you may travel.
· Searching for a name (street, city or POI) and jumping to it on the map
· Searching for close by points of interest
· Calculating a route to a target street and navigate to it with voice guidance
· Adding and deleting of waypoints to the map
· Recording and displaying of track logs
· Importing and exporting track logs and waypoints to and from GPX
· Taking geotagged photos with your mobile
· Fully customizing which OSM features are used in GpsMid and how you want your map to look
Like it? Share with your friends!
Requirements:MIDP 2.0, CLDC 1.1
Other Java Freeware of Developer «Harald Mueller»:
GpsMid Slovakia GpsMid is a free, fully offline, vector based map application for your mobile phone
MapTwits Minimalist location app for Twitter. Simply search your location and share it. Works with every phone, you don't need to have GPS
Where Are You This application allows you to easily send your location to a friend, along with a text message. Upon receiving your location, the application allows your friend to read the message, and save your location as a landmark on the phone
GpsMid Ethiopia GpsMid is a free, fully offline, vector based map application for your mobile phone
J2MeMap Allows you to visualize GoogleMap and VirtualEarth maps, as well as being localized on these maps through your GPS in real time
Suruk Handheld digital meter that lets you know midway whether the fare meter is tampered with