MobyToday - Never miss an appointment. Your upcoming appointments and tasks at a glance.
The first Today-screen application for J2ME Java phones!
MobyToday is an organiser and today-screen which helps you keep track of your upcoming appointments and tasks. MobyToday works on most newer mobile phones, but it is specially designed to work as a stand-by application (aka wallpaper application) on the newer SonyEricsson phones. On these phones MobyToday will always be visible on your phone`s stand-by screen.
MobyToday is completely integrated with the phone`s built-in calendar and organiser. This means that any events or tasks added to the phone (manually or via syncronising to your computer) will show up automatically in MobyToday.
- Today-Screen showing your upcoming appointments and tasks. Specially designed to work as a stand-by application on Sony Ericsson phones (but also works on most newer phones of any brand)
- Integrated with the phone`s calendar/organiser. Any event or task added to the phone`s calendar will automatically show up in MobyToday.
- Customise the look and feel of MobyToday to make it look exactly how you want it. Make MobyToday seamlessly integrate with the theme/skin of your phone. Add your own background pictures to MobyToday.
- View or Delete appointments or tasks from within MobyToday.
- Mark tasks as completed when you have have completed them.
- Quick glance of the week ahead through the Week Ahead function.
- Extremely customisable and flexible. Almost every component of MobyToday can be customised according to your own personal preferences.
- Very small memory foot-print. Does not affect other applications and has virtually no effect on battery consumption.
Supports most modern mobile phones but specially designed to work as a stand-by application on Sony Ericsson phones.
Supports all devices with Java MIDP 2.0 with JSR-75 support. Below is a list of devices which support this package. Please note that your device also should have a Thawte root certificate on it to run smoothly.
Please note that this list of phones are expected to grow significantly since all the coming Sony Ericsson phones are expected to support Stand-by applications.
Please note that you must install MobyToday using the MobyToday.jad file (preferrably using WAP) , since it is the MobyToday.jad file that contains the signature which enables MobyToday to access the calendar without any restrictions. You can install the jar file directly but then you will get prompted to allow access to the calendar, every time MobyToday accesses the calendar.
Please also note that you need to enable calendar/file read and write access permissions for MobyToday after you have installed it, to avoid the constant access prompts.
Using MobyToday as a stand-by (wallpaper) application
If you got a recent Sony Ericsson phone you can use MobyToday as stand-by application (aka wallpaper application) .