MoMEUnit - MoMEUnit is an instance of the xUnit architecture for unit testing of J2ME applications. It is derived from well known JUnit framework. It is only CLDC 1.1 complied.
This framework overcomes lack of reflection API in J2ME MIDP API and supports such main features of JUnit framework as:
- Ease of development and run of tests.
- Sharing the same fixture among different tests.
- Running test in its own fresh fixture.
- Modification of fixture for a group of tests.
- Possibility of simultaneous tests runs.
- Independence of tests runners (different tests runners can be used with framework package).
This framework includes an optional Ant Integration package. This package consists of several fully featured, extensible tasks that simplify use of MoMEUnit framework with Ant build system.
MoMEUnit Ant Integration package offers following functionality:
- Calculates list of tests to run based on Test interface implementation and specified patterns. There is no need to specify test cases to run explicitly. Developers can add test cases without configuring test runners.
- Runs test cases of already built J2ME application or builds test application on behalf of developer based on source files, classes, resources and libraries specified.
- Preverifies J2ME application before running tests on demand.
- Formats tests run output by using predefined or custom tests results formatters like in task. All test characteristics including times and stack traces are available.
- Gives developers possibility to choose emulator and/or preverify tool to run by specifying predefined or custom emulator or preverifier.
- Gives developers possibility to configure test J2ME application by specifying attributes of application JAD descriptor and/or manifest.
This framework provides as an extension a MIDletTestRunner - a fully configurable MIDlet. It is intended to run tests in emulator or mobile device. It shows the results of tests run (progress bar, statistics, lists of failures or errors with detailed messages for each test) in one screen. The tests can be run automatically during start-up and re executed more times later. It can print descriptive messages of failures and errors thrown together with stack-trace to the standard error output
What's New in This Release:
· Timeout functionality added to ant Integration package and MIDletTestRunner and minor bugs fixed.