MicroSky - MicroSky is a planetarium for mobile/cell devices with Java-support and a connection to the Internet (preferably GPRS or UMTS). It is a very small J2ME-Midlet client/server application which retrieves its starcharts from the skyserver. It can display 2.500.000 stars, 8.000 deep sky objects, the constellations, the planets, local horizon, 1000 current comets, and minor planets. MicroSky provides lots of functions and settings for customizing the MicroSky-Charts to your individual needs.
Microsky v3 extends v2 with even more functions such as a more polished style, Bluetooth-GPS support and a offline mode that reduces the GPRS costs and enables MicroSky for outdoor regions without GPRS reception.
To use MicroSky on your mobile phone you will need a User and Password to login. You can register here: http://www.upto.org/skyserver/editRegistration.do?action=Create&callfrom=microsky
New Branch with major new features for mobile devices which supports Midp 2.0
* GPS-Bluetooth connection:
- Receive your actual location data for MicroSky-Charts per connected internal or external GPS-Bluetooth device
- Comfortable GPS-Bluetooth-Device search in MicroSky
* MicroSky Offline Charts:
- Get and store up to two sets of MicroSky-Charts - calculated for special date and your location - in advance to your mobile device database
- Offline MicroSky-Charts contain Overview Chart and detailed Charts for Zenit, South, East, North,West and details about their 25 best visible objects
- The stored MicroSky-Charts can be explore later at any time, without the need of having at that time an online Internet-Connection
- You can always toggle to online mode and use the online functionality as known of MicroSky v2
* Search Object:
- Additional feature to search objects with search-text and get a list of results to choose an object to center
* Further improvements
- faster drawing
- toggle to fullscreen mode
- a nice running hour glass if MicroSky is busy with internet-request in MicroSky-Chart
Like it? Share with your friends!
Other Java Freeware of Developer «upto.org»:
StarGaze Understanding the sky has never been easier. StarGaze turns your mobile phone into a dynamic window on the night sky. Works anywhere
Sunclock Sunclock is a J2ME Midlet that displays a map of the Earth and indicates the illuminated portion of the globe by drawing sunlit areas dark on light, night areas as light on dark
Moon Phase v1 Moon Phase is a java application for J2ME compatible handsets that shows phase of the moon
Luas It calculates the phases of the moon for one month in a specified year
nocheSky 2009 NocheSky has information about the Messier objects, galaxies, open clusters, globular clusters and nebulas
Moon All Abou It Moon, All About It, for mobile phones. Moon Phases. Lunar Calendar. Moonset and Moonrise. Position. Prediction. etc.
Languages: English, Portugues (Portugues), Frances (Frances), Espanol (Espanol), Deutsch, Italiano and Suomi
Chuyen La Tổng hợp, cập nhật hàng ngày những kỷ lục của thế giới, những câu chuyện kỳ lạ nhất hành tinh
Sun and Moon times Sun n Moon accurately calculates data for any location on earth for: Sunrise/Sunset, Moonrise/Moonset, Moon phases animation, Compass showing sun and moon positions