MobileBackup - Mobile application for backing-up and restoring/importing contacts, calendar events and TODOs to/from a text file using the vCard/vCalendar standard on mobile phones supporting the optional FileConnection and PIM APIs (JSR 75).
What's New in This Release:
· Added help (a menu and the help.txt itself).
· Added the ability to restore either from the backup created by this midlet of from any list of vcalendar and/or vevent entries as long as they're supported by the phone. The restore process parses the special heading lines with PIM list name created by MobileBackup and uses them to store the entries into those particular lists (such as SMS or Telephone for a contact entry). If they aren't present, the mobile's default list is used (device-specific). The file to restore from is expected to be < selected file root >/Backup/Backup.txt. Restored entries are appended to the mobile phone, nothing is deleted or updated.
· Debug is true by default; I believe the additional info is not a problem for a user and can provide valuable insight in the case of a problem
· Updated build.xml to include help etc..
· Changed dependency on CLDC to 1.1 from 1.0 to have Thread.interrupt() in RestoreScreen. If needed, this ability to interrupt can be removed and dependency set back to 1.0. Don't know if there is any serious issue trying to run this on CLDC 1.0 mobile.
· 'Start' button on the backup screen removed after start to prevent confusion (deleteAll() seems not to work under Nokia 6300)
· added a message that backup has started when started to avoid confusion due to the message "Press Start to backup" (deleteAll() seems not to work under Nokia 6300)
Like it? Share with your friends!
Requirements:· MIDP 2.0, CLDC 1.1
Other Java Freeware of Developer «John Dickson, Jakub Holy»:
Messaging platform OTAM helps you to send free message anywhere in the world over gprs. Messages can be sent / received from computer as well. More over you can backup your contacts so u need not worry about loosing important contacts
Mobile Memory [ram] Booster by jX Program for optimizing memory. Monitors memory usage and automatically frees the user-defined system volume when the free memory of the specified minimum
eMobiStudio - MemoryUp Pro v3.9 eMobiStudio - MemoryUp Pro v3.9 - As the enhanced version of MemoryUp Personal, MemoryUp Pro provides comprehensive functionality and more flexibility to boost your mobile device. It automatically recovers unused phone memory and optimizes memory allocation in the background. MemoryUp Pro (Cell Booster) also fixes memory leaks and prevents system from freeze-ups and crashes
.Mobile.RAM Booster A very useful program that allows you to release the occupied memory (RAM) for other resources. The program analyzes the system load, the amount of memory that is consumed for each open application and effectively redistributes memory between them
Kontacts Kontacts - Information: http://osdev.mine.nu/kontacts/
Release Log (stored in Google Docs):
UPDATE: a major update has been released (2.1.0)
Papaya Papaya - What can you do with Papaya? Papaya backs up your phonebook quickly and easily. No more lost contacts! Once your phonebook is backed up, you can access it from your phone or from the web. You can also synchronize your original phonebook with the Papaya phonebook anytime. Papaya makes it super easy to manage your contacts
RMSDestroyer RMSDestroyer - a small program which fills a java enabled phones memory with 1's. With the ability of the FBI and other organizations able to view deleted data you can never be too safe. Before you throw away your phone run this program for as long as possible. Once you have erased all data from your phone (master clear or otherwise) run this program
Comments on MobileBackup:
Comments not found
JavaMobiles - Free Java games download for mobile phones. Java Applications, Software, JAR, Apps for Nokia, Samsung, touch screen, 240x320 screen