Version: 2.6.2updated Platforms: Java Categories: Travel & Navigation Upload Date: 12 Mar 11 Developer: Andreas Kardos
Distribution Type: Freeware
File Size: 35 Kb
Rating: 2.5/5 (Total Votes: 20)
The GPSViewer shows the time, the current location, the speed, and the moving direction on the display of the mobile phone and runs on all phones, which at least support CLDC 1.0 and MIDP 2.0 and which allow access to Bluetooth (JSR 82) or the serial interface (data cable). That applies to nearly all current mobile phone models. Alternatively an integrated GPS receiver can be used if it can be accessed using JSR 179.
GPS receivers with Bluetooth or serial interface are supported, which provide the NMEA 0183 sentences GGA and VTG or RMC. That nearly all at the market available might be.
In the connection mode "Network/Internal" the Location API (JSR 179) is used. In this case no external GPS receiver is needed. In this case the location is determined by the GPS receiver or by the network provider. This functionality is obviously supported however in Germany so far by no provider.
GPSViewer is Freeware.
- Start GPSViewer.
- If necessary change the desired connection mode in the menu "Options". On Bluetooth capable mobile phones Bluetooth is preset, otherwise the data cable. In addition with selection of the data cable the Baud rate can be changed. The NMEA default value of 4800 Bit/s is preset. If needed, the automatic or manual altitude correction can be activated. The menu can be reached by a function key. Since the display is used in full-screen mode, on many phones is no mark for the active function key.
- The indication of the speed can take place in km/h or knots. The signal quality is the better, the smaller the value is.
- The indication takes place in blue, if no connection to the GPS receiver exists and red, if the GPS data are invalid (no free view to satellites).
What's New in This Release:
· Workaround for Sonim devices et al.
What's New in 2.6.1:
· Manual altitude correction for internal GPS receivers, Bluetooth URL editable.
Like it? Share with your friends!
Requirements:· CLDC 1.0
· MIDP 2.0
Other Java Freeware of Developer «Andreas Kardos»:
LocViewer LocViewer loads map sections according to the current position from a Web service from the Internet and indicates the position on the display of the mobile phone
DropZone DropZone is an application that makes its easy to set a GPS alarm. When using public transportation to get home from work or from the pub it is easy to fall asleep and miss your stop. But not anymore! DropZone wakes you up when you have arrived
GpsMid Amsterdam GpsMid is a free, fully offline, vector based map application for your mobile phone
GpsMid Bulgaria GpsMid is a free, fully offline, vector based map application for your mobile phone
GpsMid Poland GpsMid is a free, fully offline, vector based map application for your mobile phone
amAze (LG) AmAze is a first of its kind free navigation and local search service. It is free to download and use and it contains wide coverage of maps including aerial photo in Europe, North America, Australia and parts of Asia and Africa