gpsVP - GPS navigation software for Windows Mobile devices. It shows vector and raster maps, records and shows tracks, shows multiple navigation parameters, manages and shows waypoints. It aims to be as usable as possible.
What's New in This Release:
· MapConfiguration: New variables %EPSG_3785_LONG1, %EPSG_3785_LAT1, %EPSG_3785_LONG2, %EPSG_3785_LAT2 + Variables %X, %Y, %QRST, %QKEY extended to be able to specify the zoom level at which the variables should be calculated (like %,,10X for %X at zoom_00 = 10)
· Raster maps: New possibilities to define the download/export area though upper left and lower right corner (on desktop or mobile device) or through an A4 paper format (only on desktop)
· Sounds by reaching specific altitudes through a new configuration file Sounds.ini (ini file instead of the registry so that it is easy to backup the configuration).
· Both already existing sounds (on GPS connect/disconnect + on waypoint proximity) can also be configured.
· Sounds now works in the desktop version of gpsvp too.
· New monitors to display the coordinates of the center tile: Tile X, Tile Y
· New monitor "Calculated Speed" ( Issue 150 )
· Issue 148 : added namespace declaration in gpx files
· yandex.ru map removed (was not properly working)
· Bugfix for the experimental feature "map export"
· Issue 111 : bugfix rightclick on Icons
What's New in 0.4.22:
· Geoid correction matrix: Updated values Atlantic & east America's. Matrix is now complete (cybermaus)
· yandex.ru Map Source added (vlysenkov)
· Altitude correction into setup menu (cybermaus)
· Google Maps now use language identifier from GetLocaleInfo. So it respects regional settings in user's host. (vlysenkov)
· Slide right/left on a monitors row in map mode will switch to previous/next monitors row. (vlysenkov)
· Map configuration: Partial variables (Syntax %n,m) now also possible for %X, %Y, %TMSX, %TMSY (jerome077)
· New monitors to display the current zoom level of the raster map: ZOOM_00, ZOOM_01 and ZOOM_17 (jerome077)
· Save flash card health for those ones who does refresh cache. Raster->Maintenance->Refresh... routine now compares old and new contents for each downloaded file to prevent file rewrite with the same data. (vlysenkov)
· Enlarge screen buttons again (for easier finger operation) (vlysenkov)
· New function "Show available tiles" based on the same current view as for downloading tiles but which draw a new track with the outline of all available tiles in the view. (jerome077)
· Zipped subfolders in the cache: gpsvp can read tiles out of zipped folders in the cache (Not available on WM2003). Format should be 7z. For good performance please use the not solid and not compressed format (7z.exe a -t7z -mx0 -ms=off). It still saves lot of place and transferring file from a PC to an SD card is much faster. (jerome077)
· Experimental feature to export a map (reassembling tiles using gdal) (jerome077)
· Other improvements
Like it? Share with your friends!
Other Java Freeware of Developer «vsevolod.shorin, vlysenkov»:
GpsMid Latvia GpsMid is a free, fully offline, vector based map application for your mobile phone
GpsMid USA, Bay Area GpsMid is a free, fully offline, vector based map application for your mobile phone